Saturday, April 14, 2018

Regional PAAE Meeting - Northern Region

On April 4th, I was able to attend the Northern Region PAAE meeting.  This was a time where Ag teachers from the schools in the northern region of the state.  I was able to ride with the teacher at Mifflinburg, Mrs. Spurrier.  I was able to talk with her about my student teaching experience and about what I should be looking for when looking at jobs to apply for. 

Once at the meeting, I was able to connect with #psuaged18 cohort members as well as other teachers from the northern region.  There were some familiar faces but I also was able to meet so many other teachers and finally connect the face to the school.  Growing up as a member from the South Central region, I knew most of the schools and who taught there but when I went to think about the teachers and schools I knew from the northern region, my list was much shorter. 

We were able to hear from PAAE President, Neil Fellenbaum about what the upcoming summer conference and about the Ag Ed Showcases that were held at Bald Eagle and Cumberland Valley high schools.  We also heard the new updates for FFA from Mike Brammer as well as the new ideas about SAE from Carole Faye.

This meetings was overall a great evening of connecting with the Ag Ed Family that I finally get to be a part of.  I have been waiting to be an Ag Teacher for a long time and I finally have that dream in reach and to be welcomed into the profession and all of these teachers, feels amazing!  These people will not only be my colleagues but also my mentors, my friends and my Ag Ed Family!

1 comment:

  1. Macy, so glad that you had a warm welcome into the PAAE ag ed family in your new role as a teacher! Membership in a professional organization is a great way to become part of a network and get to know fellow ag teachers.

    ReplyDelete

All Good Things Must Come To An End!

I've been sitting here the past two days working on wrapping up my assignments and getting ready to head back to Penn State to be with m...